Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515)
Who should do this Qualification?
The Certificate IV in Project Management Practice will develop skills to enable you to identify and apply project management skills and knowledge in a wide variety of context.
This qualification is ideal if you are working in or wanting to work as:
- contracts officers;
- project administrators;
- quality officers;
- small business operators and
- members of a project team with no direct responsibilities for overall project outcomes.
There are 9 units of competencies that must be completed in order to attain the qualification that consists of 3 required/core units and 6 elective units. At least 3 elective units must be selected from Group A and/or Group B with relevance to the work environment and must not include unit BSBPMG522 Undertake project work.
The core/required units are:
- BSBPMG409 – Apply project scope management techniques;
- BSBPMG410 – Apply project time management techniques; and
- BSBPMG411 – Apply project quality management techniques.
Choose 3 of the following elective units:
- Group A:
- BSBPMG412 – Apply project cost management techniques;
- BSBPMG413 – Apply project human resources management approaches;
- BSBPMG414 – Apply project information management and communications techniques;
- BSBPMG415 – Apply project risk management techniques;
- BSBPMG416 – Apply project procurement procedures;
- BSBPMG417 – Apply project lifecycle management processes; and
- BSBPMG418 – Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Group B:
- BSBADM405 – Organise meetings;
- BSBCUE405 – Survey stakeholders to gather and record information;
- BSBLEG415 – Apply the principles of contract law;
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements;
- CPPDSM4047A – Implement and monitor procurement process;
- MSAENV472B – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices;
- PSPETHC401A – Uphold and support the values and principles of public service;
- PSPGOV422A – Apply government processes;
- PSPPOL404A – Support policy implementation; and
- TLIE4006 Collect, analyse and present workplace data and information.
How Pro Leaders can help you gain your Qualification
Our trainers are highly skilled with extensive experience in the public service, private organisations and not-for-profit organisations to cater for any individual and organisational learning requirements.
Our practical approach to learning is based on the experience of our trainers to provide relatable and practical information on how theory can be applied in an organisation. We use real examples to demonstrate use and application to enhance learning and understanding, and we have had positive feedback from past participants on how they have effectively applied their knowledge in their workplace.