Mentoring Professionals – Short Course
Mentoring Professionals Workshop is a practical and interactive 2 day workshop which will teach you the techniques to mentor others and understand the relationship between a mentor and mentee.
This training is ideal for anyone that is new to the mentoring role or wants to successfully mentor others in the future . It examines the overall process, roles and tools involved in mentoring and is aimed at providing the attendees a solid start to the mentoring journey.
A mentor is someone who is an expert in your field of interest and the benefits of having a mentor is to leverage their learnings and experiences to fast-track your success in the same field.
Benefits of being a mentor:
- Ability to inspire others
- Opportunity to help others grow and develop in their careers
- Improve your communication and leadership skills
- Ability to persuade and encourage others to move in a desired direction
- Feel re-energised through working with enthusiastic mentees
Why become a mentor?
- Satisfaction in knowing you had an inpact on someones professional and person
- Development of leaderships skills and building confidence
- Getting a fresh perspective from your mentee
- Receiving recognition from peers and superiors
- Helping develop your professional network with fellow mentors
This highly-interactive course is delivered face-to-face and is an Australian Accredited course that will result in a Statement of Attainment with the course based on the following nationally recognised Unit of Competency:
- TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace.
As this course is based on a Unit of Competency, a written assessment is required at the end of the course over an allocated 2 hours.
- Difference between mentor and coach;
- Mindset of a mentor;
- Developing a mentoring plan;
- Facilitate mentoring relationship;
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of mentoring;
- Setting up a mentoring session;
- Meta Dynamics™ profiling;
- Building rapport;
- Effective listening;
- Representational Systems;
- Dealing with difficult situations.
Registration from 8:30am on day 1, all training sessions commence promptly at 9.00am. Finish time will be no later than 5.00pm.
Canberra – Level 1, 142 Mawson Place, Mawson ACT 2607 (Free parking is available nearby in Mawson).
Brisbane – Level 1, 451 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (200 metres from the Fortitude Valley train station with access to public buses only a few metres away on St Pauls Terrace. There is also secure parking at the Valley Metro Car Park adjacent to the Fortitude Valley train station with reasonable Early Bird specials for daily parking).
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea provided.
Complimentary fresh coffee, tea and cold drinks available all day.