Diploma of Procurement and Contracting (PSP50616)
Who should do this Qualification?
The Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you work or want to work as a:
- Procurement and Contract Manager in the public sector; or
- private sector contractor seeking more advanced understanding of government procurement processes.
This qualification is ideal for individuals wanting to progress to the next level in their procurement and contract management career in a middle management position in the public sector. These positions may include Administrative Officer, Executive Level Officer, Contract Manager, supervisor or manager.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- conduct more significant procurements, including managing contract performance;
- apply government processes and be able to promote and monitor progress;
- implement policies to ensure compliance with legislation; and
- coordinate risk management activities and manage contract risks.
You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the public sector business environment and develop valuable specialist skills for purchasing, procurement and contracting.
There are 13 units of competencies that must be completed in order to attain the qualification that consists of 9 required/core units and 4 elective units. At least one elective must be selected from Group A unit and the remaining from Group B, with no duplication of content in any elective units within the qualification.
The core/required units are:
- PSPETH003 – Promote the values and ethos of public service;
- PSPGEN049 – Undertake negotiations;
- PSPLEG003 – Promote compliance with legislation in the public sector;
- PSPPCM008 – Manage contract performance;
- PSPPCM010 – Manage procurement risk;
- PSPPCM011 – Plan to manage a contract;
- PSPPCM012 – Plan for procurement outcomes; and
- PSPPCM013 – Make procurement decisions.
The elective units are:
- PSPGEN046 – Undertake research and analysis;
- PSPGEN054 – Use complex workplace communication strategies;
- PSPPCM014 – Participate in budget and procurement review process;
- PSPPCM015 – Conduct and manage coordinated procurement;
How Pro Leaders can help you gain your Qualification
Our trainers are highly skilled with extensive experience in the public service, private organisations and not-for-profit organisations to cater for any individual and organisational learning requirements.
Our practical approach to learning is based on the experience of our trainers to provide relatable and practical information on how theory can be applied in an organisation. We use real examples to demonstrate use and application to enhance learning and understanding, and we have had positive feedback from past participants on how they have effectively applied their knowledge in their workplace.
2018 CANBERRA Course dates:
|Day 1 & 2||9 & 10 April||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 3, 4 & 5||1, 2 & 3 May||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 6 & 7||14 & 15 May||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 8, 9 & 10||13, 14 & 15 June||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
2018 BRISBANE Course dates:
|Day 1 & 2||10th & 11th September||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 3, 4 & 5||15th, 16th & 17th October||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 6 & 7||1st & 2nd November||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 8, 9 & 10||26th, 27th, 28th & 29th November||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|