PSP40616 Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting
This qualification is ideal for people working as procurement officers, procurement policy officers, contract managers, and finance or project manager. This course will explore the legislative and policy framework which regulates government procurement and contracting processes, and will provide skills to conduct procurement and contracting activities within these rules. The type of procurement covered by this qualification is often referred to in government as “complex procurement”.
The Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you work or want to work as a:
- public sector purchasing/procurement officer, contract manager or procurement policy officer;
- public sector financial or project manager; or
- private sector contractor seeking a good understanding of government processes.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- plan, conduct and manage procurement processes;
- develop and manage contracts for the delivery of goods and services;
- identify, plan for and manage risks in the procurement process; and
- exercise delegations.
You will gain a clear understanding of the legislative and policy framework which regulates government procurement and contracting processes to allow you to conduct your procurement and contracting activities within the rules. The type of procurement covered by this qualification is often referred to in government as “complex procurement”.
This course is offered in the following methods of delivery:
- Classroom training (eleven (11) full days to complete course); and
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
This course consists of nine (9) required units and six (6) elective units:
- PSPETH002 – Uphold and support the values and principles of public service;
- PSPGEN038 – Identify and treat risks;
- PSPGEN042 – Exercise delegations;
- PSPGEN043 – Apply government processes;
- PSPLEG002 – Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector;
- PSPPCM004 – Plan procurement;
- PSPPCM005 – Develop and distribute requests for offers;
- PSPPCM006 – Select providers and develop contracts; and
- PSPPCM007 – Manage contracts,
- PSPGEN027 – Gather and analyse information;
- PSPGEN033 – Use advanced workplace communication strategies;
- PSPGEN023 – Deliver and monitor service to clients;
- PSPGEN076 – Use public sector financial processes; and
- PSPPCY004 – Support policy implementation
- PSPGEN039 – Develop internal and external networks
Must be at least 20 years of age, have a functional level of English, have some relevant work experience, have the capacity for independent learning and group work.
Discounts & Payments
We offer discounts for group enrolments and repeat clients.
In partnership with Study Loans, we can provide financial assistance to people who are eligible. Flexible finance options can help fund your education with repayment terms from 6 months to 48 months with no penalties for early repayment. Find out how much your repayments may be with Study Loan’s Loan Calculator. Please note that Study Loans do charge interest, fees and penalties for the use of their service, and they are payable to Study Loans throughout the course of your loan. Find out more in their Frequently Asked Questions.
CANBERRA Course dates:
|Day 1 & 2||2nd & 3rd May||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 3, 4 & 5||20th, 21st & 22nd May||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 6 & 7||23rd & 24th May||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
|Day 8, 9, 10 & 11||18th, 19th, 20th & 21st June||PLA CANBERRA Training Centre|
Brisbane Course dates:
|Day 1 & 2||23rd & 24th May||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 3, 4 & 5||15th, 16th & 17th July||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 6 & 7||18th & 19th July||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
|Day 8, 9, 10 & 11||29th, 30th, 31st July & 1st August||PLA BRISBANE Training Centre|
Registration from 8:30am on day 1, all training sessions commence promptly at 9.00am. Finish time will be no later than 5.00pm.
Canberra – Level 1, 142 Mawson Place, Mawson ACT 2607 (Free parking is available nearby in Mawson).
Brisbane – Level 1, 451 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (200 metres from the Fortitude Valley train station with access to public buses only a few metres away on St Pauls Terrace. There is also secure parking at the Valley Metro Car Park adjacent to the Fortitude Valley train station with reasonable Early Bird specials for daily parking).
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea provided.
Complimentary fresh coffee, tea and cold drinks available all day.