Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting (PSP40616)
Who should do this Qualification?
The Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you work or want to work as a:
- public sector purchasing/procurement officer, contract manager or procurement policy officer;
- public sector financial or project manager; or
- private sector contractor seeking a good understanding of government processes.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- plan, conduct and manage procurement processes;
- develop and manage contracts for the delivery of goods and services;
- identify, plan for and manage risks in the procurement process; and
- exercise delegations.
You will gain a clear understanding of the legislative and policy framework which regulates government procurement and contracting processes to allow you to conduct your procurement and contracting activities within the rules. The type of procurement covered by this qualification is often referred to in government as “complex procurement”.
There are 15 units of competencies that must be completed in order to attain the qualification that consists of 9 required/core units and 6 elective units. At least one elective must be selected from Group A and the remaining from Group B, with no duplication of content in any elective units within the qualification.
The core/required units are:
- PSPETH002 – Uphold and support the values and principles of public service;
- PSPGEN038 – Identify and treat risks;
- PSPGEN042 – Exercise delegations;
- PSPGEN043 – Apply government processes;
- PSPLEG002 – Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector;
- PSPPCM004 – Plan procurement;
- PSPPCM005 – Develop and distribute requests for offers;
- PSPPCM006 – Select providers and develop contracts; and
- PSPPCM007 – Manage contracts.
Elective units are:
- PSPGEN027 – Gather and analyse information;
- PSPGEN033 – Use advanced workplace communication strategies;
- PSPGEN023 – Deliver and monitor service to clients;
- PSPGEN076 – Use public sector financial processes;
- PSPPCM002 – Dispose of assets; and
- PSPPCY004 – Support policy implementation;
How Pro Leaders can help you gain your Qualification
Our trainers are highly skilled with extensive experience in the public service, private organisations and not-for-profit organisations to cater for any individual and organisational learning requirements.
Our practical approach to learning is based on the experience of our trainers to provide relatable and practical information on how theory can be applied in an organisation. We use real examples to demonstrate use and application to enhance learning and understanding, and we have had positive feedback from past participants on how they have effectively applied their knowledge in their workplace.
2017 Course dates:
|Day 1, 2 & 3||24, 25 & 26 July||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 4 & 5||16 & 17 August||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 6, 7 & 8||28, 29 & 30 August||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 9, 10 & 11||11, 12 & 13 September||PLA Training Centre|
2018 Course dates:
|Day 1, 2 & 3||21, 22 & 23 February||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 4 & 5||7 & 8 March||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 6, 7 & 8||21, 22 & 23 March||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 9, 10 & 11||11, 12 & 13 April||PLA Training Centre|