PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
This qualification is ideal for individuals wanting to boost their skills required for employment at executive or senior officer levels in the public sector (Commonwealth, State/Territory, and Local Government). It is also value for all delegates wishing to minimise their risks when exercising financial and/or procurement delegations.
The Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you are in the public sector and you are
- managing strategic procurement;
- an Executive working in programs, projects or a corporate area; or
- seeking to be more competitive for promotion to Executive or Senior Executive level.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements;
- understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls;
- support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues;
- communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders; and
- support productive working relationships and achieve results.
This course is offered in the following methods of delivery:
- Classroom training (twelve (12) full days to complete course); and
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
This course consists of nine (9) required units and six (6) elective units:
- PSPETH004 – Maintain and enhance confidence in public service;
- PSPGEN067 – Establish and maintain strategic networks;
- PSPLEG004 – Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector;
- PSPMGT006 – Develop a business case;
- PSPMGT007 – Manage risk;
- PSPPCM020 – Plan for strategic procurement;
- PSPPCM021 – Coordinate strategic procurement;
- PSPPCM022 – Negotiate strategic procurement; and
- PSPPCM023 – Manage strategic contracts.
- PSPGEN066 – Apply government systems;
- PSPGEN069 – Foster leadership and innovation;
- PSPGEN070 – Persuade and influence opinion;
- PSPMGT008 – Formulate business strategies;
- PSPMGT010 – Review and improve business performance;
- PSPPCY010 – Manage policy implementation.
Must hold a Diploma of Procurement of Contracting qualification that has been completed less than 5 years and must have some management experience in the Public Sector.
Discounts & Payments
We offer discounts for group enrolments and repeat clients.
In partnership with Study Loans, we can provide financial assistance to people who are eligible. Flexible finance options can help fund your education with repayment terms from 6 months to 48 months with no penalties for early repayment. Find out how much your repayments may be with Study Loan’s Loan Calculator. Please note that Study Loans do charge interest, fees and penalties for the use of their service, and they are payable to Study Loans throughout the course of your loan. Find out more in their Frequently Asked Questions.
CANBERRA & BRISBANE Combined Course dates:
|Day 1, 2, 3 & 4||29th, 30th, 31st October & 1st November||CANBERRA AND BRISBANE|
|Day 5, 6, 7 & 8||25th, 26th, 27th & 28th November||CANBERRA AND BRISBANE|
|Day 9, 10, 11 & 12||9th, 10th, 11th & 12th December||CANBERRA AND BRISBANE|
Registration from 8:30am on day 1, all training sessions commence promptly at 9.00am. Finish time will be no later than 5.00pm.
Canberra – Level 1, 142 Mawson Place, Mawson ACT 2607 (Free parking is available nearby in Mawson).
Brisbane – Level 1, 451 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (200 metres from the Fortitude Valley train station with access to public buses only a few metres away on St Pauls Terrace. There is also secure parking at the Valley Metro Car Park adjacent to the Fortitude Valley train station with reasonable Early Bird specials for daily parking).
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea provided.
Complimentary fresh coffee, tea and cold drinks available all day.
Combined training locations
With the Combined course, You can attend at either the Canberra or Brisbane campus with both locations setup as a classroom environment.
The facilitator running this course will change between the physical locations, however with the use of video conferencing systems the 2 rooms will be connected as if it is a single training room.
This approach allows for a wider view of participants to connect to the course and share their experiences, solutions and frustrations/issues with the other participants.