Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting (PSP60616)
Who should do this Qualification?
The Diploma of Procurement and Contracting is ideal if you are in the public sector and you are:
- managing strategic procurement;
- an Executive working in programs, projects or a corporate area; or
- seeking to be more competitive for promotion to Executive or Senior Executive level.
This qualification is ideal for individuals wanting to boost their skills required for employment at executive or senior officer levels in the public sector (Commonwealth, State/Territory, and Local Government). It is also value for all delegates wishing to minimise their risks when exercising financial and/or procurement delegations.
This qualification will develop skills to enable you to:
- develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements;
- understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls;
- support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues;
- communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders; and
- support productive working relationships and achieve results.
There are 15 units of competencies that must be completed in order to attain the qualification that consists of 9 required/core units and 6 elective units. Six electives must be selected from the list of electives.
The core/required units are:
- PSPETH004 – Maintain and enhance confidence in public service;
- PSPGEN067 – Establish and maintain strategic networks;
- PSPLEG004 – Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector;
- PSPMGT006 – Develop a business case;
- PSPMGT007 – Manage risk;
- PSPPCM020 – Plan for strategic procurement;
- PSPPCM021 – Coordinate strategic procurement;
- PSPPCM022 – Negotiate strategic procurement; and
- PSPPCM023 – Manage strategic contracts.
- PSPGEN066 – Apply government systems;
- PSPGEN069 – Foster leadership and innovation;
- PSPGEN070 – Persuade and influence opinion;
- PSPMGT008 – Formulate business strategies;
- PSPMGT010 – Review and improve business performance;
- PSPPCY010 – Manage policy implementation.
How Pro Leaders can help you gain your Qualification
Our trainers are highly skilled with extensive experience in the public service, private organisations and not-for-profit organisations to cater for any individual and organisational learning requirements.
Our practical approach to learning is based on the experience of our trainers to provide relatable and practical information on how theory can be applied in an organisation. We use real examples to demonstrate use and application to enhance learning and understanding, and we have had positive feedback from past participants on how they have effectively applied their knowledge in their workplace.
2018 Course dates:
|Day 1, 2 & 3||21, 22 & 23 May||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 4 & 5||4 & 5 June||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 6||8 June||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 7 & 8||25 & 26 June||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 9||2 July||PLA Training Centre|
|Day 10, 11 & 12||23, 24 & 25 July||PLA Training Centre|